Slowly on The Spot Slowly on The Spot

I really like the sound of your guitar; it's totally giving this a chill feeling. You must actually be playing, right?

dhudson907 responds:

Yeah :') this is one where I recorded properly
Thanks for your response :')

Sonik - Batrachotoxin Sonik - Batrachotoxin

Not my favorite of your pieces, but still pretty great.
Catchy beat for sure (serious toe tappin')
4:05ish it really peaked. Glad I listened through ^_^

Hip Pop Hip Pop

This is a good jumping off point; a good beginning. You clearly have the capability to continue to grown in using various synths and beats. I do have some constructive notes though, if you'll indulge me.

From a technical standpoint, the piano at the beginning was a little too soft. I could barely hear it, and then the volume switched to really loud suddenly. Also the very end of the piece felt a cut short.

The hip-hop feel was evident. I didn't necessarily care for the synth that began at 00:40 and continued throughout the song. It felt a little out of place. And a strong central melody would've really added to this piece.

But don't be disheartened! Like I said, there's evidence here that you will eventually grow in this. It took me several songs to get where I am--not to mention 7 years of trying--and I've still got a lot to learn. Keep at it. :3

Cheer Up! [FFS] Cheer Up! [FFS]

Lol this may be older, but I can still get the sense of your style out of it. And I know dat feel btw, when something older that you've done makes you embarrassed to have it posted. It's like "How did I ever think this sounded GOOD?!"
But you're overreacting. This isn't bad ^_^
Much love as always.

Bafana responds:

Thanks :D Well, I like the melody but the production is balls.

Stab Victims! Stab Victims!

Again, loving it. Stop being so goddamned fantastic!
This to me had a very Crescendolls feel to me.
The change between 1:25 and 2:27 was maybe not my favorite choice--the key change felt a little forced and out of place with the intro. But it still was a good section.
Download for sure ;)

OcularNebula responds:

thanks, bird lady!

I don't quite see the connection to Crescendolls, but it's a nice reference, anyhow!

true, the intro differs quite a bit from the middle section (esp. with the key change), but I vary my music to try to keep it interesting, though, I suppose there is always a balance between variation and thematic consistency

I don't know if you've listened to Lustrous Amalgamation, but that piece had a way more abrupt character change in the middle, it could almost have been two different pieces!

unseeing unseeing

I love the piano. I don't think of it so much as an instrument, but as a second voice to duet with. I found myself humming along with this piece to. The piano melody was well thought out--a definite carry in feel. Sometimes the drums felt a little to reverbed, but really that was all I could find out of place, and it really wasn't that distracting. Well done.

Skcy3 responds:

Thank you for the review ellebirdy23, knowing your voice I bet you humming sounded 10X better than the actual song lol. Your review means a lot, thank you for taking the time to post it.

Arabian Alloy Arabian Alloy

The choice of beat mismatch between the melody line and the main kick is interesting. I also found the main melody line... interesting. I guess I can't say I really loved the song. I more find it an intriguing specimen. The whole thing was fascinating from an inspirational and technical point of view. I did listen to it a few times through.
I guess I don't really have any pointers or tips. I didn't "Like" it, but it sure got my attention.

Synthapse responds:

Thanks for your input. I'll do my best to improve!

Defective Manufacture Defective Manufacture

The beginning is kick ass. As is the build at 1:55.
I guess my main criticism is the lack of melody line. I suppose this would be good for a background loop, but I still think that a melody line would've made this top notch.

Keep at it though. Like I said, the beginning was catchy.

Squirtle Got a Gun Squirtle Got a Gun

This has got a serious "Heart" feel to it. Like definite "Magic Man."
As for the song itself, it's not really for me. But very creative lyrics. I'm sure for someone else this song would be awesome.

Stay Inside Me Stay Inside Me

Another catchy beat. I'm beginning to get a sense of your style after listening to a few songs, and I really like it.
This piece's use of back vocal clips was excellent. Sometimes it can feel forced or out of place; not so here. Not my favorite of yours, but still definitely download worthy ^_^